I don’t know about you, but I say it isn’t a party without balloons! And what better holiday to celebrate with balloons than Easter?!
Okay, you may not traditionally associate Easter with decor like balloons, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start a new tradition! This DIY is perfect for those who like to entertain or for children who love to do holiday crafts! It’s so easy that anyone can do it!
- Acrylic Paint
- Helium Tank (if you are filling up the balloons yourself)
- Inflate the balloons with helium or buy balloons that are already inflated.
- Rather than tie the ribbon to the lip of the balloon (the tied off end) you are going to tape the ribbon on the top of the balloon. This will flip the normal orientation that balloons naturally float and will give it more of a raindrop or egg shape! Since there is nothing for the ribbon to really grasp to on this side make sure to use good tape that will hold the ribbon in place. It is also a good idea to add a few layers of tape just to secure it down as much as possible.
- Take your acrylic paint (I just used white, but you are welcome to use whatever colors you like) and paint designs on the balloons, just like how you would have decorated your easter eggs as a kid (or now). I decided to do the traditional mix of patterns for my balloons.
- Allow the balloon to dry, and get ready to party with the cutest little Easter egg balloons ever!
These balloons add so much charm for so little work! The more you decide to make the more the impact they will have at your Easter get together. A full garland would be absolutely adorable! They are so darn easy to make and honestly everyone will love them!