Who said that you could only make goals for yourself on New Years? Goals are set to help motivate yourself to be a better person and expand your horizons. Why shouldn’t you constantly be setting new goals for yourself??
I have been thinking a lot lately about some of things that I have always wanted to do, but just never set aside the time to achieve them. But attaining goals aren’t just about “finding the time to do it”, it’s about setting achievable steps to help you get closer to what you desire! So I am going to work really hard to do just that!
Some goals I want to accomplish are:
- Learn how to sew on a sewing machine – I know how to hand sew, but I think that limits not only the quantity you are able to produce, but also the versatility and quality of the items you are wanting to make. I would love to master the sewing machine so I am able to make anything I like!
- Learn how to work with royal icing – I have been telling myself for years that I need to start trying decorating with royal icing, and I just haven’t! You can make such crisp, clean and beautiful sugar cookie décor with royal icing and I would love to be able to work with it!
- Start keeping a sketch journal – I see a ton of artists with a sketch journal where they keep their creativity flowing by challenging themselves to sketch at least once a day and I think that is a fantastic idea! Not only will that help creative blocks but also help me expand my skillset. Also, there are so many times where I have an art idea, baking idea, or blog inspiration in mind that I forget about because I didn’t take the time to sketch it down!
- Make more time for me – I simply need to make more time for the things that set my soul on fire. If something brings me happiness, I need to do it more! Rather than complaining about the lack of time, make good use of what I have and do something for myself.
- Get healthy (physically and mentally) – Like many (I’m sure) my health is often just brushed to the side. Often I find myself ordering fast food and vegetating in the evening rather than making the most of my day. While exercise is something I definitely need to focus on, relaxation is also crucial to settle your brain at the end of the day. Not just sitting and scrolling through my phone. I need to make time each day to reflect and release all stresses that have built up. A nightly detox from stress will help set me straight for a new day.
- Learn how to make a (delicious) cake from scratch – I have rediscovered my love for baking, but I always use a box mix when I do. I would love to be able to find my own recipe I could perfect so that people can tell it is a “Kaitlin Cake” every time I make one.
- Check my planner every morning – I keep up with my planner pretty often, but I think I would definitely benefit from checking my to-dos in the morning so I make sure to start my day on track.
- Take care of my skin – I definitely do not have the worst skin, so I have never really made it a priority. Why fix something that isn’t broken? But the fact of the matter is, one day I am going to look back and wish I cared for it more. So moisturization is in my future!
- Make more art – I love making art and it seems that recently I have prioritized everything over it, and I hate that! I would love to set some time aside each week to work on something fun.
- Save, save, save! – I have been in a bad habit of spending, spending, spending every time it hits payday. But there are so many things I am looking forward to in the future (trip to Ireland, buying a home, etc.) that are way more important to save up for!
I will try my best to keep you all updated with how my goals are going along the way! But I would also like to hear yours! Do you have any goals you have set for yourself recently? What are they? How are they going? I would love to hear what you are working toward!